The Ontario HIV & Substance Use Training Program (OHSUTP) provides training to substance use, mental health and allied service providers in Ontario, in order to increase knowledge of HIV/AIDS and to promote skills development.
The topics consist of a mix of training materials including PowerPoints, exercises, videos, group discussion, and case studies; they can be delivered separately, though we encourage booking the full training. The full training is two days which can be scheduled back to back or over a period of weeks or months. We will work with your organization to determine your needs and which modules are most appropriate.
OHSUTP is a service of Fife House and is funded by the AIDS Bureau, Ministry of Health and Long‐Term Care. A Provincial Advisory Committee, consisting of representatives from addiction service organizations and AIDS service organizations, provides input into our programming.
OHSUTP services are offered free of charge across the province. We are accredited with the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) for continuing education credits.
- Access to effective substance use services is a determinant for the health and well‐being of people living with HIV/AIDS, and those at risk for HIV.
- All people have the right to deliver and receive services in an environment of mutual respect, compassion and dignity.
- Skills development of substance use service providers improves the quality of care for people living with HIV/AIDS and those at risk for HIV.
- Partnership and collaboration with substance use services is essential to the delivery of focused, integrated, holistic services for people living with HIV/AIDS and those at risk for HIV.
- OHSUTP recognizes that best practices in substance use services include harm reduction and abstinence‐based models.
Depending on staff size, we offer in‐house training, or we support you to plan with other allied social services in your area. Please visit our website for more information: www.ohsutp.ca
Ontario HIV & Substance Use Training Program
490 Sherbourne Street, 2nd Floor
M4X 1K9T: 416.703.7348
E: Nick Boyce (firstname.lastname@example.org), OHSUTP Provincial Director